Investing in short and long-term growth initiatives is challenging and can often times be the reason a business falls behind. As a company expands and develops through each of its lifecycles, its operations inevitably increase in complexity. Technological innovation, regulatory requirements and competitive threats all play a factor in this complexity during a company’s development. If not managed properly, growing businesses often find themselves with operating models that were once sufficient suddenly overburdened.
Add in the blazing pace of innovation in technology, and evolving expectations from key stakeholders, the resulting pressure placed on the business is often more than most can manage on their own regardless of their size.
Through our advisory services offering, we can provide crucial services that make out-pacing competition achievable through all stages of growth.
Core Industries Served
- Hedge Funds
- Fund of Funds
- Private Equity & Venture Capital
- High Tech Startups
- Consumer Products
- Health & Fitness
- Food & Beverage
- We help your Finance & Accounting department stay ahead of industry standards through rigorous program management.
- We’ll help you implement state-of-the-art financial management systems so you can fuel better processes, mitigate risk and unleash your talent to focus on the value-add.
- Businesses of all sizes undergo change or undertake significant projects that require the assignment of accountability to ensure success. Our project managers have experience with a variety of complex projects and help ensure project teams work efficiently towards meeting defined goals.
Finance Function Transformation
- Inefficient finance and accounting operations are a drag on overall business performance.
- We help CFOs and corporate controllers enhance their department impact by defining a streamlined target operating model and managing the steps necessary to achieve desired outcomes.
- We help finance teams deliver higher quality information that will help drive business decisions and educate the front, middle and back office.
Merger, Acquisition or Divestiture Services
- Acquiring or selling a business can be a cumbersome undertaking for any company. We leverage our experience in mergers and acquisitions of all sizes to deliver impactful guidance and project management experience to ensure success.
- From implementing and managing transition service agreements to providing temporary staffing to assist with data migration and system conversions, our team of M&A leaders can support you in your transaction.
Model Validation and Risk Assessment
- Financial institutions and businesses across many industries rely heavily on financial and accounting models for a wide range of applications including risk management, valuation, budgeting, forecasting and other reporting requirements. The level of sophistication of these models exposes businesses to model risk. Model risk can be mitigated and controlled through model validation procedures which can verify that a model performs as expected by management.
Our Process For Success
Through our simple, repeatable strategy you’ll realize high performance results through every service we provide.
- Gather facts including people, processes and technology involved.
- Develop current state assessment.
- Prepare benchmarks and competitive analysis.
- Create a functional heat map to identify high impact project initiatives.
- Develop high level target operation model to guide project initiative and scope.
- Brief management team and prioritize opportunities for improvement.
- Initiate command and communication protocol through Project Management Office (PMO).
- Establish project leadership at work stream level.
- Engage work stream leaders, discuss priorities and opportunities for improvement.
- Prepare options analysis and vet alternatives.
- Determine resource needs, dependencies, risks and limitations.
- Develop detailed project plan with milestones, tasks and timeline.
- Kickoff project and initial project tasks at work stream level.
- Initiate weekly communication protocol through work stream and PMO.
- Develop and begin tracking key performance metrics (KPIs).
- Begin project status tracking.
- Address and update resource needs, dependencies, risks and limitations.
- Monitor progress and continually reinforce project plan.
- Summarize project status and outcomes.
- Compare realized outcomes to project objectives and expectations.
- Brief management team on completion status.
- Begin project status tracking.
- Continuously monitor KPIs and other key factors to assess effectiveness of project delivery.